Tiramisu Cheesecake Recipe
This tiramisu cheesecake is everything you would hope it to be and much more. The combination of silken tofu and vegan cream cheese provide a similar taste to mascarpone cheese. Add the flavors of chocolate, coffee, and brandy. You will likely find yourself in dessert heaven.
You can add a little extra coffee and brandy to the recipe for a stronger kick .So, we suggest to follow the directions as they are written below then adjusting to taste once the filling is all blended together.
Tiramisu Cheesecake recipe
- 1 1/2 cups vegan vanilla wafer crumbs,
- 3 to 4 tbsp vegan butter, melted (we recommend Earth Balance),
- 16 ounces vegan cream cheese,
- 1 12-16 ounce package firm silken tofu, drained,
- 3/4 cup natural sugar,
- 2 tbsp cornstarch,
- 1 tbsp brand rum, or Kahlua or 1 tsp brandy or rum extract
- 2 tbsp strong brewed coffee, and
- Shaved vegan chocolate.
- First of all, all ingredients should be at room temperature. Then preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a small bowl, combine the crumbs and as much of the melted butter as needed to moisten the crumbs when stirred with a fork. Press the crumb mixture evenly into the bottom and up the sides of an 8 or 9-inch spring-form pan. Bake for 5 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- Combine the cream cheese and tofu in a food processor until smooth. Add the sugar, coffee, cornstarch, and brandy. Again process until smooth.
- Scrape the mixture evenly into the prepared crust. Bake on the center oven rack until firm, about 45 minutes. Turn off the oven and leave the tiramisu cheesecake inside for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool to room temperature. When the cheesecake is completely cool, cover and refrigerate for at least several hours or up to overnight.
- To serve, remove from the sides of the pan, using a knife to loosen it if necessary. Scatter the shaved chocolate over the top of the cheesecake, and cut into wedges.
Recipe modified from: www.mydarlingvegan.com